InfluxDB 2.0 How to find out how many queries are being executed

I’m using InfluxDB 2.0. Looking to go to the cloud in production when all my testing is done. I’m trying to evaluate the amount of queries my load is going to generate.

I would like to be able to know how much queries are generated by specific load of my application.

• How many INSERTS am I generating? (for example to be able to know if my bulk insert actually works or if individual inserts are generated.)
  • How many SELECT queries are generated when I use a specific report?
  • How many mb or gb of data is returned by my SELECT queries?
  • How big is my data inside InfluxDB?

I need to be able to answer all of those questions to have a good estimate of the costs I will have in the cloud.

I’m fairly new to InfluxDB. I’ve read a lot of documentation and pages but I can’t seem to find out how to do that.

1 Like

There is a scrapeable url for influxdb2 metrics for itself. I don’t know if all of your questions can be answered from there but it’s probably a good start

1 Like

here’s the latest blog on monitoring OSS 2.0: Monitor Your InfluxDB Open Source Instances with InfluxDB Cloud | InfluxData

1 Like

Thanks @FixTestRepeat , this is exactly what I needed. I’m setting up Telegraph right now.

Thanks @tim.hall but I’m trying to do this on a test server on premise. I’m not on the cloud yet.

1 Like

You don’t really have to be in Cloud to use Cloud. Meaning…use your local InfluxDB OSS instance to do what it does…and offload the monitoring of it to the Cloud…for free.