I need some help with an issue I recognized since I have migrated my RasPi 3B from running with a microSD to a system running from a SSD.
I migrated the RasPi and all works fine so far. The short migration path has been, that I added the following lines to the end of /boot/config.txt in tha ALL-section
program_usb_boot_mode=1 program_usb_timeout=1 dtparam=sd_poll_once
Then I powered it off (sudo shutdown -h now), copied an image from the microSD to a SSD (WDS250G1B0A) which is connected then to the USB-Port of the RasPi and after powering the device on it runs (now for three days).
The Raspi is used with InfluxDB, Node-Red, Moswuitto and grafana to monitor two tasmota based sockets (Nuos 1AT, reporting every 5 Minutes) and temperature + frequency of the Raspi itself (also every 5 Minutes).
The SSD is stored in an external case that has an acivity LED and I recognized an drive activity every 5-6 seconds wich has not been reported by the build-in activity LED of the Raspi as long as it runs from microSD. Therefore I checked with iotop for the reason and found:
$ iotop TID PRIO USER DISK READ DISK WRITE SWAPIN IO> COMMAND 582 ?sys influxdb 0.00 B/s 19.26 K/s ?unavailable? influxd -config /etc/influxdb/influxdb.conf
Now my question is, what can I do to reduce these operations as I don’t think they are needed (cause I have not seen them before switched from microSD to SSD) and I believe it will damage the SSD in a shorter time.
I tried to find solutions by myself but have not found helpful information although I am pretty sure that I am not the first human being facing this issue Furthermore I try to provide any helpful details that might help to analyze the issue but I will give more details if needed of course. I have only very basic Linux-skills an my skills in InfluxDB, Red-Node, Mosquitto and grafana are about to 14 days now Just to have it said.
Thanks in advance for your time and help!
The RasPi is running as a headless system in my own home-network where I am the only user. Here are some more details:
$ cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/model Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 $ hostnamectl Static hostname: IOT_01 Icon name: computer Machine ID: # Boot ID: # Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Kernel: Linux 5.15.84-v8+ Architecture: arm64 $ influxd version InfluxDB v1.8.10 (git: 1.8 688e697c51fd)
And this is the shortened influxdb.conf I use (I cut the comment-lines):
### Welcome to the InfluxDB configuration file. [...] [meta] # Where the metadata/raft database is stored dir = "/var/lib/influxdb/meta" [data] # The directory where the TSM storage engine stores TSM files. dir = "/var/lib/influxdb/data" # The directory where the TSM storage engine stores WAL files. wal-dir = "/var/lib/influxdb/wal" series-id-set-cache-size = 100 [coordinator] [retention] [shard-precreation] [monitor] [http] enabled = true bind-address = ":8086" auth-enabled = true access-log-path = "/var/log/influxdb/access.log" write-tracing = false pprof-enabled = false https-enabled = false http-certificate = "/etc/ssl/influxdb.pem" [subscriber] [[graphite]] [[collectd]] [[opentsdb]] [[udp]] [continuous_queries] [tls]