Influx CLI in Windows10

Hi,
I’m completely new in inluxdb area, so sorry for my simple question here…
How can I run influx cli on windows? I’ve installed currently latest package (influx CLI 2.0.7). On all YT videos, etc. is mention, that if you want to check available databases, run “influx” command. This will start influx-CLI. Then you can execute for example “show databases”…
How can I check this whit Influx 2? When I run pure “influx” command, then I receive just help output to windows cmd console.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

2 Likes

Try downloading from here - it’s labeled for cloud but it should work fine for self hosted too

https://dl.influxdata.com/influxdb/releases/influxdb2-client-2.0.7-windows-amd64.zip

Hi @Jirimo, I’d recommend you work through the Getting Started pages in our docs: Get started with InfluxDB | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation. After that, you could read through the reference docs for the influx CLI: influx - InfluxDB command line interface | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation

In 1.x the CLI was an interactive REPL. That changed in 2.0, so any YT videos etc. created during the 1.x line unfortunately don’t apply.

Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue…

Regards,
Jose