Help on understanding influxdata, Kapacitor , Chronograf features

Hi

i am new to influxdata, As i getting familiarize with some of the influxdata features via its graphical interface, i have some confusion,

i noted that influxdata has its own ui that allows creation of alerts and notification and similar in kapacitor which also provides alerts and notification, can i check what is the difference between both?

Influxdata has its own dashboard ui which allows the visualization of the time series data but so is the Chronograf thus what are the differences?

Is it possible for influxdb or kapacitor to send customised messages via third party messaging framework instead of the standard email, http?

Thank you in advance for the clarification.

First of all, it should be mentioned that there are significant differences between InfluxDB v1 and v2.

In InfluxDB v1, the tools were also called TICK Stack and consisted of the following individual components:

• Telegraf
  • InfluxDB
  • Chronograf
  • Kapacitor

In InfluxDB v2, Chronograf and Kapacitor are integrated into InfluxDB, only Telegraf remains a separate component.

Also the query language has changed, under InfluxDB v1 it was InfluxQL, under InfluxDB v2 it is the Flux language.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the clarification :grinning: this definitely help to clear the air