- Raspberry PI 4 with 2 Gb mem.
- InfluxDB ver 1.7.9
- Docker container running Influxdb
Docker container running Influxdb was running correctly for 8 months. Performed a “stress test” query through Grafana on Influxdb. Grafana showed a Network Timeout error in display during long query test. I noticed that the Influxdb was not working. Upon investigation, I discovered the following:
- Docker container was restarting every roughly 10 secs. (this was because I had this purposely set to restart container).
- Docker log revealed an issue within trace (every time at same point): 2020-09-27T00:36:20.237969581Z ts=2020-09-27T00:36:20.237659Z lvl=info msg=“Opened shard” log_id=0PVFfL~l000 service=store trace_id=0PVFfMQG000 op_name=tsdb_open index_version=inmem path=/var/lib/influxdb/data/mydb/autogen/210 duration=375.918ms
- 2020-09-27T00:36:20.476105067Z runtime: out of memory: cannot allocate 1852145664-byte block (28639232 in use)
- 2020-09-27T00:36:20.476173066Z fatal error: out of memory
It seems as if the Influxdb is either still trying to execute or complete the query or there is some persistent issue as a result that has “stuck” the startup.
I am able to run the container without running Influxdb, is there anything I can repair in the environment so Influx will restart without getting this memory error? (i.e. remove edit file etc.)?