Docker Image Upgrade from 1.8.3 to 2.7.5

I attempted to upgrade my docker image from 1.8.3 to 2.7.5 and then reset my container to apply the new image. As expected, it failed miserably. It crashes almost instantly so I can’t console into it and I get the following log error:

2024-01-10T14:45:53.529288371Z warn boltdb not found at configured path, but DOCKER_INFLUXDB_INIT_MODE not specified, skipping setup wrapper {“system”: “docker”, “bolt_path”: “/var/lib/influxdb2/influxd.bolt”}

2024-01-10T14:45:53.838038790Z warn boltdb not found at configured path, but DOCKER_INFLUXDB_INIT_MODE not specified, skipping setup wrapper {“system”: “docker”, “bolt_path”: “/var/lib/influxdb2/influxd.bolt”}

Error: unknown shorthand flag: ‘c’ in -config

See ‘influxd -h’ for help

The Influx DB is saved on persistent storage. Is there anyway to revert back to the 1.8.3 image using Portainer? If not, is there a way to create a new InfluxDB container instance based on 2.7.5 and import the data from the 1.8.3 DB? I knew I shouldn’t try to make such a big leap with the DB but it is what it is at this point. My main goal is to not loose all the historic data in the legacy DB.

Sometimes it helps to read the documentation first. Was able to upgrade following this procedure. Kudos to the tech writers.

Hello @vadr007
Thanks for sharing your solution with the community! I know someone will appreciate it.