Aggregating by day and respecting timezones

Hi,
I’m using InfluxDB2 with Flux but that is probably also valid for previous versions.
When trying to get daily aggregated values, a day seams to be defined as a day in UTC time. But I’m in UTC+1 so I’m always getting the sums from 01:00 day1 to 01:00 of day2. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Example:

from(bucket: "example-bucket")
|> range(start: -1w)
|> filter(fn: (r) =>
  r._measurement == "example-mesurement" and
  r._field == "some-continuous-growing-value"
)
|> aggregateWindow(every: 1d, fn:max)

The aggregation won’t stop at 24:00 my time of a given day but will run till 1:00 of the following day (which is correct in UTC time)

Hello @chris_b ,
Welcome!
Here is documentation on manipulating timestamps. I believe many funcitons outlined there will be useful to you.
https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/query-data/flux/manipulate-timestamps/
If I’m understanding you correctly I believe something like this would help:

import "system"
import "experimental"
mytime = system.time()
myrange = experimental.subDuration(
  d: 7d,
)
|> range(start: myrange)

Hi @Anaisdg ,
thanks for your reply. Adjusting the range is not really an issue. My biggest concern is handling the aggregateWindow(every: 1d, fn:max).
In my case I have a datasource that accumulates daily values (energy generation in this example) that resets every day on 0:00 to zero. Unfortunately I have no control over this behavior and therefore can’t change it.
Currently the aggregateWindow messes up the data if I aggregate the daily max values if the aggregation window doesn’t match the reset window of the data source.

At the moment I’m working around this with |> timeShift(duration: -1h) but this is probably unreliable as I expect this to mess up the data as soon as we enter the daylight saving time again…

I assume that the implementation of option location (Options | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation) would be able to handle this behavior.

For what ever reason this was not problem with the according InfluxQL statement. Some magic took care of the timezones:
SELECT max("some_value") FROM "some_measurement" WHERE $timeFilter GROUP BY time(1d) fill(null)