Telegraf config for AWS erroring out

Hi,

My telegraf config has the following code to connect to AWS but finding the error in log. Can you please help?

Telegraf version is telegraf-1.1.2_linux

Config:

###############################################################################
#                            OUTPUT PLUGINS                                   #
###############################################################################

# # Configuration for AWS CloudWatch output.
# [[outputs.cloudwatch]]
# Amazon REGION
  region = "us-east-1"
  role_arn = "arn:aws:iam::ACC_NUMBER:role/ROLE_NAME"
  namespace = "my-jvmstats"

Error in telegraf.log

2017/03/22 20:38:32 E! Could not parse [agent] config
2017/03/22 20:38:32 E! Error parsing /opt/telegraf/telegraf.conf, line 87: field corresponding to `namespace' is not defined in `*config.AgentConfig'

Thanks
Karthik

My wild guess would be that

# [[outputs.cloudwatch]]

needs to be uncommented.

2 Likes

Thank You; that solved it. But I am getting the following error if I use Role ARN:

2017/03/23 18:00:44 E! cloudwatch: Error in ListMetrics API call : NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
For verbose messaging see aws.Config.CredentialsChainVerboseErrors
2017/03/23 18:00:44 E! Failed to connect to output cloudwatch, retrying in 15s, error was ‘NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
For verbose messaging see aws.Config.CredentialsChainVerboseErrors’
2017/03/23 18:01:19 E! cloudwatch: Error in ListMetrics API call : NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
For verbose messaging see aws.Config.CredentialsChainVerboseErrors
2017/03/23 18:01:19 E! NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.

If I use Profile, Below Error:

2017/03/23 18:17:01 E! cloudwatch: Error in ListMetrics API call : SharedCredsLoad: failed to load shared credentials file
caused by: open /root/.aws/credentials: no such file or directory
2017/03/23 18:17:01 E! Failed to connect to output cloudwatch, retrying in 15s, error was ‘SharedCredsLoad: failed to load shared credentials file
caused by: open /root/.aws/credentials: no such file or directory’
2017/03/23 18:17:16 E! cloudwatch: Error in ListMetrics API call : SharedCredsLoad: failed to load shared credentials file
2017/03/23 18:17:16 E! SharedCredsLoad: failed to load shared credentials file

Any recommendation here as we want the telegraf to generate the tokens based on role/profile to keep it simple.

Thank You