Issues facing Telegraf 1.8

I upgraded to 1.7 --> 1.8 Telegraf

And here’s a quote from the window Console

2018-08-06T09:37:35Z W! DEPRECATED: The logparser plugin is deprecated in 1.8. Please use the tail 
  plugin with the grok data_format as a replacement.

2018-08-06T09:37:35Z E! Error parsing 2018/5/9.18:15:57 to time layout [2006/1/2,15:4:5]: parsing time 
  "2018/5/9.18:15:57" as "2006/1/2,15:4:5": cannot parse ".18:15:57" as ","

I guess I was using LogParser Grok and I think it has something to do with it.

[inputs.logparser.grok]
      custom_patterns = '''
		TIMESTAMP_ALT %{YEAR}/%{MONTHNUM}/%{MONTHDAY} %{HOUR}:%{MINUTE2}:%{SECOND}(.[0-9])
		NEWTIME %{TIMESTAMP_ALT:time:ts-"2006/1/2 15:4:5"}
............................................................................................

Can you give me any hints regarding custom_patterns?
Or is there another problem?
Thank you

Just to be clear, Telegraf 1.8 has not been released yet. The current version is 1.7.2.

The error message says:

This means that instead of using the logparser plugin (which is configured in the inputs.logparser.grok section of the config that you shared), you should be using the tail plugin, with the Grok data format.

Hi, I tested that and it works for me, but I have a problem with the changing measurement names. In Logparser Plugin I could define the measurement = Now all metrics go into the tail measurement.
With the processor.rename I can successfully rename the measurement, but what if I have different logfiles on a host and I want to rename the measurements for multiple logfiles ? Is that possible with 1.8 ?

logfileA -> measurementA
logfileB -> measurementB

what if I have different logfiles on a host and I want to rename the measurements for multiple logfiles

Regarding your use case, there is a path tag that gets added with the filename being watched as the value.

I already have measurements and dashboards with a lot of data in it, so I would prefer to keep the old measurement names. I found

and the name_override seems to be what I am looking for. I will test that.