InfluxData replication

Hi Team,
so my company we are using telegraf InfluxDB(oss version) , grafana and kapacitor for monitoring/alerting for our data, on the vm we have installed 3 docker containers for influxdb, grafana and kapacitor.
all we want is any possible way we could replicate the data in influxdb to a different instance or existing instance but the main concern is we donot want to loose data in the influxdb if the virtual machine restarts or be it anything else.
please guide us to any possible way of replicating data of infuxdb.
NOTE: OUR COMPANY ONLY WANTS TO USE OPENSOURCE VERSION OF INFLUXDB.

Have you tried out the influxdb-relay? We’re using a forked version to send copies to 8 individual nodes at the moment (different use or test-cases on each backend). All of this is the OSS code.

thanks will try that.

Is the influxdb-relay there for all latest versions or only till v1.2.2??

I don’t think there were breaking changes from v1.2.2 to v1.2.4 (latest), but would need to defer to @jackzampolin on that one. I would give it a try and see how that works for you.

Should be good with the latest version as well.

we might plan using influxdb relay, so is there any future plan to stop influxdb relay in upcoming versions??

@Praphooldhole That project is open source and as long as we don’t change the API it will continue to work. We have a compatibility guarantee for all versions in the 1.x line so I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

2 Likes