When i start influxdb via docker, immediately the load-average starts to build up (enormously).
This happened as a consequence of me writing a lot of data to the DB (I guess).
Here is what I did:
- I started the DB like so:
docker run --restart unless-stopped -d -v /path/to/dir:/path/to/dir --name influxdb -p 8086:8086 quay.io/influxdb/influxdb:v2.0.1 --reporting-disabled --bolt-path=/path/to/dir/.influxdbv2/influxd.bolt --engine-path=/path/to/dir/.influxdbv2/engine
- I started making about 500 writes per second. The average 15 min load on a 8 core CPU was about 4. Ram was at about 15% and CPU usage was at about 15%.
- An hour into this the load started to sky rocket to values in the 60s - 100s.
- I stopped all processes (and disabled) and rebooted the machine.
- On start I had nothing running and only started the docker instance of the DB.
- The load started increasing again despite me not writing and data to the DB. (see picture attached below).
Can someone please help me debug this?