Filesystem alert

Hi,

We are using tickstack components for monitoring as of now cpu and memory being monitored via telegraf would like to achieve filesystem monitoring say for example if utilization goes beyond 80% we should get alert.Is there any json file available for filesystem monitoring or someone could help here?

Regards
Kumaresan

Hello @Kumaresan78,
Thank you for your question. I’m a little bit confused about what you’re asking. What version of Influx are you using? Have you tried setting threshold alerts through Chronograf or in the InfluxDB UI?

Hi,

We are using InfluxDB shell version: 1.5.4 and we are not using chronograf.Below are the components we use.

INfluxdb,kapacitor,telegraf,grafana

Say for example I am managing 100 servers need to get alert if filesystem goes above 80%

We are not using centralized influxdb rather every node runs telegraf,influxdb,kapacitor and we import each node data source in grafana for visualization.

Regards
Kumaresan

@Kumaresan78
Have you tried setting alerts with kapacitor?

Hi Anaisdg,

I am new to tickstk. Currently we created dasboard in grafana for memory and cpu utilization when any of the node crosses 80% it would trigger an alert.

Could you help me with filesystem alert script or json file? I am not aware of creating through kapcaitor.

Regards
Kumar

Hi,

I achieved filesystem alert through telegraf and grafana.Below query and condition used in the grafana panel.

Query:
SELECT mean(“used_percent”) AS “used_percent” FROM “disk” WHERE (“host” = ‘node1’) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($interval), “path”, “device”, “fstype” fill(null)

Condition:

When any of the filesystem utilization goes above 80% it will trigger an alert.

Thanks
Kumar