CPU Temperature on Windows

I have done. unfortunately still the same error message :frowning:

Hmmm… I’m not sure then. Perhaps you should start a new thread so that more knowledgeable users can help you with your .conf file. I am pretty confident that the TOML error is something with your file, not the coretemptelegraf program.

If you get past the TOML error and it still doesn’t work, let me know and I may be able to help you out at that point.

Sorry for the trouble! Keep me posted if you get it working!

ok i got it working. i changed the config to that:

[[inputs.exec]]
commands = [‘C://telegraf//CoreTempTelegraf’]
data_format = “influx”

So glad to hear that! I’ll have to familiarize myself a bit more with the TOML syntax as it relates to double/single quotes and escape characters.

Thanks for reporting your experience!

Edit: looking at TOML: English v1.0.0, it looks like you should be able to do single quotes without escaping the backslash. Any chance you could try that quickly and report back?

Tested with one “/”: Working

[[inputs.exec]]
commands = [‘C:/telegraf/CoreTempTelegraf’]
data_format = “influx”

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have another problem. It concerns the display of the results in Grafana…

The display works, but I can only assign a fixed CPU on the dashboard. No matter what hostname I select, a Fixed CPU source is always selected.
If I select “hostname” for “from” I don’t get any data displayed anymore.
Here some snips:

Fixed CPU:

Choices…

Can you explain what it is you want it to do?

Regarding the host, that data is stored in the “host” field, not the “cpu” field. If you want to specify a host, you should click the + button in the where clause, select “host” and then choose your hostname from the list.

speculation, but could it be that your tool transmits a different hostname than the hostname in telegraf.conf?

i use your tool on several computers. If I specify a fixed CPU as source in the panel, the temperature of host A is also displayed for host B.
Therefore I would like to work with the variable “Hostname”.

Is there a way to do this?

Unbenannt

btw: i had to re-register because: “We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.

Your question is an influx/grafana question, and others may be able to help you out better than I can.

What I can tell you is that my program outputs the following (refer to InfluxDB line protocol tutorial | InfluxDB OSS 1.8 Documentation for terminology):

Measurement:

• coretemp_cpu

Tags:

• host = your computer’s hostname
  • cpu = your CPU name, as parsed by Coretemp
  • cpu_id = the CPU id, as parsed by Coretemp (only relevant if your machine has multiple CPUs)
  • core_id = the CPU core id, as parsed by Coretemp
  • unit = the unit of measure, as parsed by Coretemp

Fields:

• temperature
  • cpu_speed, fsb_speed, multipler, and vid are also collected, but aren’t relevant when looking at the temperature data

It looks like you have a different version of Grafana than I do, and I’m not familiar with /^$hostname$/. However, if you click on /^$hostname$/ in the query in your screenshot, you should see the individual hostname for each of your PCs. If you select one, you will see the average temperature across all cores for that one host.

Does that help at all?