Firstly I’m new to InfluxDB so trying to get my head around it!
I have a system that periodically checks if there are any tasks to perform in a queue and processes them. The timestamped log contains:
- The initial size of the task queue
- A message every 100 tasks saying how many tasks remain
- A message once the queue is empty
It may take many minutes to process 100 tasks. After the queue is empty it waits X minutes and checks the queue again.
I can scrape the log and put data into InfluxDB but what I want to understand is:
- firstly what values should I insert? The remaining queue size or the number of tasks it’s completed since the last insert eg ‘100’ (or less)
- what query do I run to find out the rate of tasks per minute. I’d like to graph this rate in Grafana.