We want to use the TIG stack to gather data from remote systems and offer a monitoring service.
This is a draft of the schema I’m going to configure:
On the customer side:
- Telegraf “gatherers” instances - to gather data
- Telegraf Gateway - collects data from all the “gatherers” (using the influxdb_listener) and send the data to our server
The gateway is handy to centralize configurations and avoid editing N telegraf configuration files in case of changes (like our endpoint URL)
On our side:
- Telegraf gateway to receive and send data to the appropriate outputs/databases
- InfluxDB instance (one instance with a database for each customer)
- Grafana to show data (one instance with different organizations)
In this case the gateway allows us to flexibility on our side, we will be able set up a new InfluxDB instance or databases and start populating them just by adjusting the gateway configuration
Have you ever done something like this before?
Which are the flaws of this design?
I would like to know your opinion and advice about this setup