Completely out of my depth, would like to open a database I was sent

Hi,

I am just your friendly neighbourhood IT guy. A client sent us a bunch of data we requested in InfluxDB format (the files end in .00 and from what I have been reading this makes it a legacy export or some such thing). We were told we can check the information within using either Grafana or Microsoft Power BI, but even after asking my local database devs to figure out how to open it on Power BI, they could not manage to.

May I have an easy step-by-step guide on how to open a database like this one? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Probably worth noting I installed Grafana on my machine and tried to follow the seemingly-simple instructions to no avail. As I mentioned in the title, I am completely out of my depth here.

I installed Grafana on my machine

Which version? What operating system?

and tried to follow the seemingly-simple instructions to no avail.

Can you post the “seemingly-simple instructions” (or a link to them if online)
so that we can see what you’ve tried?

Also, showing us what the result and/or error message is when you try would be
helpful.

Antony.

Which version? What operating system?

Grafana 7.1.5 on Windows 10, it opens a web interface.

Can you post the “seemingly-simple instructions” (or a link to them if online)
so that we can see what you’ve tried?
Also, showing us what the result and/or error message is when you try would be
helpful.

The instructions I attempted to follow were these: InfluxDB data source | Grafana documentation

However I am unable to fill the InfluxDB details correctly, no matter how I try. I have the files on my computer, not sure if I should do something with them beforehand or not. I put the route to the database files folder in the “Database” field but it gives me Network Error: Bad Gateway(502).