Compensation Algorithm

Hi all,
On timeseries of data I need to apply a compensation algorithm based on the temperature. Temperature measurements and data “to be corrected” are in sync (meaning same timestamp). The algorithm consists in applying a scale factor, and a second factor depending on the temperature deviation the past 15 mins. So my need is pretty basic, but I would like to know what is the best strategy to apply the algorithm. I am using Grafana to visualize the data … Shall I apply the algo on Grafana or shall I better use Influxdb to preprocess and store the data?
Thanks for your help.
Marc

Hello @mchacher,
Welcome!
What version of InfluxDB are you using?
Can you please provide some more detail on the algorithm? Maybe an example?

Shall I apply the algo on Grafana or shall I better use Influxdb to preprocess and store the data?

This depends on your needs. If the query/application of the algorithm works quickly and you don’t need to use the output in conjunction with other data for further processing, then it looks like that solution works well for you. If the query is slow or you need to incorporate the output in further processing, then I would use InfluxDB to preprocess and store.