I have typical financial data (timestamp, open, high, low, close, volume), recorded by the minute
I’m very new to InfluxDB . I started to do tests with the alpha 2.0, but I gave up and went with 1.7. I can get the db to ingest all the data so far.
I’m trying to set two things:
- automatic downsampling (generate hourly and daily)
- automatic calculation of EMAs (exponential moving averages)
is it done:
- with continuous queries? looks like downsampling can be done, but what about EMAs?
- with kapacitor? is it really made for this?
- where does flux fit?
- is flux and fluxql the same thing?
are there working (I stress this because 2.0 samples are NOT working) examples of this on the web using the C# clients?